How to Write a Perfect Article for a Blog
Articles/posts are the heart of a blog. Quality and perfect articles have the power of giving success to a blog. When it comes to thinking that how you should improve your blog, the first and the very thing is the content. The content is the most important part of a blog. In addition, remember that it is what makes your audience bad or good. Most of the bloggers these days struggle with the problem “how to write a perfect article”? Hey, do not worry anymore. I am here to help you to write perfect articles. Yay! Let’s dive in!
PRO TIP: If you are a newbie, take a look at Hyvor Talk Blog’s other articles written for beginner bloggers.
In this case, you have to go step by step skipping nothing. Writing a perfect article is not that tough than bloggers think. It needs good knowledge, quality, and reliable information, and lastly, a good focus.
Tips to Write a Perfect Article
I hereby give you a quintuplet of tips to write a perfect article.
PRO TIP: Have good knowledge about what you are writing.
1. Catch a Great Title
When a reader comes to read your article, the title is the very first thing that he/she sees as soon as they come. Not only that but also when they are searching for reading that your articles resonate their need too. When they see a great, eye-catching title, they choose your articles instead of others. So, remind the first impression here is useful.😉
Five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar.David Ogilvy
Consider the following titles.
A great title/headline must be,
- Attention-grabbing – Use catchy words to grab the attention of the readers. Instead of writing in a boring way, try to reader convincing words.
- Written in the active voice – Use active voice instead of passive voice. Because titles are written in an active voice always are attention-grabbing.
- Concise – Make the titles short, no longer than 10 words.
- Accurate – Use accurate words and grammar.
- Numbered – Sometimes it can be a good idea to offer a certain number of tips in your title like Five Summer Fashion Tips That Will Turn Heads. This shows the reader that they can expect five tips. It encourages the reader to read the article because they know that in just a few steps they will be able to overhaul their summer wardrobes
- Motivative – Show how the reader will be able to change their life for the better by reading your article. Instead of merely saying they can learn how to eat healthier, write that they can eat their way to better health
2. Write Clearly – Short and Sweet
Now do not get this wrong as to write a tiny piece of article. This means to write an article clearly. To write clearly, shorties sounds perfect. When you write about something short and sweet, I mean make your writing divided into many subheadings, paragraphs with 50 or 40 words, etc. That makes your readers find your article more readable. Remember, readability matters a lot. You can use transition words to improve readability
3. Use Evidence to Make it Reliable
When you are writing, try to present proofs to your reader to make the information is given in your article more reliable. Give the links to the resources you went through in case of it.
As an example: Assume that you have to mention in your article that there are lots of webpages exits in the WWW. But, instead of saying like that, try to give the exact number of webpages that exist in WWW. For that purpose, refer to researches done about that and mention them in your article.
4. Write in a Motivative and Friendly way
Write in a motivative way. That motivates your readers to go further in your artocles and find exact the solutions, ideas given by you. When they feel motivated just by your writing, they start engaging more or read more in your blog. I recommend you to write in a friendly way also. It makes your readers that your have written just for them. That makes them feel comfortable too.
Try the following phrases.
- I am going to tell you….
- Yay! Let’s dive in
- Wanna/ Want to know more?
- Don’t you/ Do you?
And theres more than above mentioned phrases. You will get to know them with the experience.
5. Write a Summary / Conclusion
At the end of your post or your articles, try to finish with a summary or a conclusion. It helps the readers to recall everything that they read in your articles briefly.
The Bright Side of Summaries…
If writing an article pitch makes you fret, bear in mind the benefits. Summaries enable you to submit a paragraph or two on your idea instead of wasting time writing an entire article that gets put on the back burner because it was not what the publication had in mind.
Summaries are a way to show off your writing skills while giving your editor a better idea of what you want to write. Added to this, summaries also benefit you as the writer. They give you a chance to formulate the crux of what you will tackle in the article, which creates a much clearer outline. Should your idea be accepted, a pristine summary will make writing your article much easier. Remember, planning is half the work done!
Extracted from Freelancer Writing.
I hope you get a clear idea of how to write a perfect article for blogs. If you have any questions, suggestions, and ideas, feel free to comment below.