Introduction to Importing
You can import your previous comments Hyvor Talk easily with our automated importing option, which can be done from the console.
We currently support importing comments from the following platforms.
You can also import comments from Hyvor Talk export file, but all comments will be imported as guest comments.
If you want to migrate from any other commenting system, you'll need to go for a custom migration.
When you migrate from another commenting platform to Hyvor Talk, importing the comments is usually the first task. This process is straightforward and fast, and can simply be done from the console.
Consider the following facts before importing.
- Comments can be imported from WordPress and Disqus.
- Importing can take up to 24 hours depending on the length of the queue.
- The maximum comments you can import per website 50,000.
- The maximum file size you can upload is 40MB.
- When imported, new pages are also created. (Shown at Moderate -> Pages)
- If something goes wrong, you can delete all imported comments at once (Moderate -> Import & Export -> Import History).
- Imported comments will be saved as guest comments which means that anyone cannot edit or delete the comments except moderators after importing.
- Email and the website will be saved if provided.
- Hyvor Talk assumes that all the comments you import are already moderated. Therefore, our spam detector will not crawl through these comments.
- Comments that are removed, detected as spam, or unapproved will not be imported.
How to import comments?
The importing process is handled in the console.
The most important thing is selecting the correct page identifier type. After importing, you have to use the same identifier in the embed code. Choosing the identifier depends on what platform you import comments from and what platform you'll be using after importing the comments. If you are not certain about this, please contact us before importing.
If you want to migrate from a platform that we don't support or if you have more than 50,000 comments, we offer a fully-managed custom migration service.
- This service is free if you are on an annual business-level plan.
- Otherwise, we charge a one-time fee of $500.