Importing from WordPress
WordPress is a famous content management system. Hyvor Talk natively supports importing WordPress comments.
If you are a WordPress user, have used WordPress comments previously on your website, and hoping to migrate to Hyvor Talk this guide will help you to import your previous WordPress comments into Hyvor Talk.
WordPress and Hyvor Talk comments
WordPress and Hyvor Talk comments both work in a similar way. Therefore, the importing process is much easier.
Some WordPress websites have multi-nested comments. Those comments will be converted to a single-nested model.
Important! Before importing, make sure that you have carefully read the Introduction to Migration guide. This guide explains how the importing process works and the limitations of importing.
Step 1: Exporting Comments
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Hover on tools in the left menu, and click export.
- From "Choose what to export" menu choose posts.
- (Optional) Then, if you need, select what posts you need to export (by category, authors, start date, etc.).
- Download the file
Step 2: Importing Comments
- Go to the Hyvor Talk console.
- Select the website from the left panel which you need to import the comments.
- Go to the import section.
- Choose WordPress from the Import From option.
- Important! Select the correct page identifier type. You should use it after importing the comments.
- Select the downloaded file by clicking Choose File.
- Click Upload
Step 3: Keep Waiting
Importing may take some time depending on the length of the queue. Therefore, allow up to 24 hours. You will receive an email once the importing process is completed. You can check the status from the Import History section of the console (Console -> Import & Export -> Import History).
Once the importing is finished, you can install Hyvor Talk on your website. Make sure to use the same page identifiers to load the comments correctly. You can see those in the Moderate -> Pages section.
If you run into any issues, feel free to contact us.