How to Import Comments from WordPress?
WordPress is a famous content management system. Hyvor Talk natively supports importing WordPress comments.
If you are a WordPress user, have used WordPress comments previously on your website, and hoping to migrate to Hyvor Talk this guide will help you to import your previous WordPress comments into Hyvor Talk.
WordPress and Hyvor Talk comments
Wordpress and Hyvor Talk comments both work in a similar way. Therefore, the importing process is much easier.
Important! Before importing, make sure that you have carefully read the Introduction to Importing guide. This guide explains how the importing process works and the limitations of importing. After reading that, continue the following steps.
Step 1: Exporting Comments
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Hover on tools in the left menu, and click export.
- From "Choose what to export" menu choose posts.
- (Optional) Then, if you need, select what posts you need to export (by category, authors, start date, etc.).
- Download the file
Step 2: Importing Comments
- Go to the Hyvor Talk console.
- Select the website from the left panel which to you need to import the comments.
- Go to the import section.
- Choose WordPress from the Import From option.
- Select the downloaded file by clicking Choose File.
- Click Upload
Step 3: Keep Waiting
Importing may take some time depending on the length of the queue. Therefore, allow up to 24 hours. You will receive an email once the importing process is completed. You can check the status from the Import History section of the console (Console -> Import -> Import History).
Once the importing process is finished, you can start using Hyvor Talk on your website. We recommend you to use our WordPress plugin after importing. It will ensure that you will see the right comments on the right page.