Introduction to Importing Comments to Hyvor Talk
When you migrate from another commenting platform to Hyvor Talk, importing the comments is usually the first task. This process is straightforward and fast, and can simply be done from the console.
Consider the following facts before importing.
- Comments can be imported from WordPress and Disqus.
- Multiple-nested comments will change to single-nested comments.
- Importing can take up to 24 hours depending on the length of the queue.
- The maximum comments you can import per website is 15,000.
- The maximum file size you can upload is 40MB.
- When imported, new pages are also created. (Shown at Console -> Pages)
- Imported comments can be deleted. But, imported pages cannot be deleted.
- Imported comments will be saved as guest comments which means that any user is not capable of editing or deleting the comments except moderators.
- Email and the website will be saved if provided.
- HTML tags in the comments will be stripped.
- Hyvor Talk assumes that all the comments you import are already moderated. Therefore, our spam detector will not crawl through these comments.
- Comments that are removed, detected as spam, or unapproved will not be imported.