Hyvor Talk offers a plenty of features to easily moderate your comments. First, navigate to Moderate -> Comments section of the console.
In this section, you will see 5 comment types.
|Comment Type||Description||Is visible to public?|
|New||Newly published, unapproved comments||Yes|
|Approved||Comments that are approved by the moderators||Yes|
|Pending||Comments that are pending moderation because of Pre-moderation||No|
|Spam Detected||Spam detected comments by the HT Spam Detection Bot||No|
|Deleted||Comments that are deleted by the moderators||No|
- When someone comments on your website, we first check if pre-moderation is turned on.
- If yes, we will directly add the comment to the "Pending" section and it won't be shown until approved by moderators.
- If no, we will continue to the next step.
- Then, we run HT Spam Detection Bot on the comment to check if the comment is a spam.
- If yes, we will add the comment to the "Spam Detected" section and it won't be shown unless approved by moderators.
- If a comment pass the both of above validations, the comment will be shown publicly. Moderators can see this comments in the "New" section.
- After that moderators can approve or delete the comments.
- If approved, the comment will be, from then, shown in the "Approved" section.
- If deleted, the comment will be, from then, shown in the "Deleted" section.
There's two actions moderators can perform on a comment.
- Approve - Comment will be approved and marked as not spam and not pending.
- Delete - Comment will be deleted (Moderators can restore them later, if needed).
Additionally, you can ban a user.