Hyvor Talk offers a plenty of features to easily moderate your comments. First, navigate to Moderate -> Comments section of the console to start moderating comments.
|New||Newly published, unmoderated comments|
|Approved||Comments that are approved by the moderators|
|Deleted||Comments that are deleted by the moderators|
Comments can contain several tags and there are some that moderators must consider.
Not visible until moderated:
- Pending Moderation - When a website has Pre-Moderation option turned on (either on a single page or on whole website), comments will be queued for moderation.
- Spam Detected - This means that this comment is detected as spam automatically or based on moderation rules you have set.
If a comment does not contain any of the above tags, the comments will appear in the page.
- When someone comments on your website, Hyvor Talk first checks if pre-moderation is turned on.
- If yes, moderators will see the "Pending Moderation" tag with the comment, and it won't be shown until approved by moderators.
- If no, we will continue to the next step.
- Then, we run HT Spam Detection Bot on the comment to check if the comment is a spam.
- If yes, moderators will see the "Spam Detected" tag with the comment, and it won't be shown until approved by moderators.
- If a comment pass the both of above validations, the comment will be shown publicly. Moderators can still see these comments in the "New" section.
- After that moderators can approve or delete the comments.
- If approved, the comment will be, from then, shown in the "Approved" section.
- If deleted, the comment will be, from then, shown in the "Deleted" section.
There are several actions moderators can perform on a comment.
- Approve - Comment will be approved and marked as not spam and not pending.
- Delete - Comment will be deleted (Moderators can restore them later, if needed).
- Reply - Reply to a comment. This will automatically approve the comment.
- Edit - Moderators are allowed to edit a comment published within last 5 days.