Changing Community Settings
In the community section of the console, you can do the following things.
- Enabling/disabling reactions plugin
- Enabling/disabling emoji
- Changing guest commenting settings
- Turning on/off spam detector
- Changing pre-moderation settings
- Changing the language
- Changing default sort
- Changing comments per request
- Changing owner, admin, and moderator tags
- Changing comment vote settings
- Changing comment count settings
1. Reactions Plugin
Hyvor Talk has includes a reaction plugin in addition to commenting features. It allows uses to express their feeling about the page in one click. Users can react even they are not logged into Hyvor.
The reaction plugin is enabled by default. If you need, you can disable it.
Emoji is enabled by default. We encourage you to keep this feature turned on as emojis can express commenter's emotions easily. However, you can disable it from the console.
3. Guest Commenting
Guest commenting, enabled by default, allows users to comment on your website without a Hyvor account.
- Allowing guest commenting can slightly increase spam comments, if you have a high traffic website. However, our spam detector is design to add more weight for guest comments when spam detecting (and, we always improve it). Guest commenting definitely increase the comments rate as its easy to new users to publish comments.
- Every guest commenter should go through Google Recaptcha which means that bots are not allowed to post comments on your website.
- Guest comments can only be deleted by moderators of the websites.
You can turn off guest commenting, if you wish. Also, you can make email and website URL not required (default), optional, or required.
Hyvor Talk sends reply email notifications to guest commenters if you collect them.
4. Spam Detector
Hyvor Talk has an in-built spam detector which is turned on by default. It runs everytime when a comment is made or edited. The spam detector counts for many factors including but not limited to
- User's reputation
- Links in comments
- Relevance of links to the your website
The spam detected comments will be queued until moderators approve it. If you or your users have any problems with the spam detector, you can turn off it.
When pre-moderation is turned on, comments won't be published until approved by the moderators.
In the console, pre-moderation can be turned off, turned on only for guest comments, or turned on globally. The default is turned off.
You can change the language of the plugin here. The default is English (United States). Check out languages guide for supported languages and more details.
7. Default Sort
Here you can choose between three sorting methods.
- Best - Sorted based on comment's publish time, upvotes, and downvotes. Simply, latest and most upvoted comments will be shown first. This is the default sorting method.
- Latest - Latest comments will be shown first.
- Oldest - Oldest comments will be shown first.
8. Comments per request
Here you can adjust how many comments you would like to load in the initial load or the load more button is clicked. Minimum is 15 and the maximum is 100. The default is 25. This will only set the number of comments loaded. The number of replies loaded per each comment is different from this.
You can change the tags of the owner, admins, and moderators. Defaults are "owner", "admin", and "mod" respectively. All the tags will be shown in uppercase.
10. Comment Votes
By default, both upvotes and downvotes are enabled. You can select either of them or none. All the users should be logged in to vote.
11. Comment Counts
You can add some creative comment count texts. Use * (asterisk) as the placeholder of number of comments in the multiple comments text.
This structure will be used in both comments plugin and comment counts in listing pages.