WordPress Plugin Guide
WordPress users can use our official plugin to install Hyvor Talk on WordPress.
- Log in into your Wordpress admin panel
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Type "hyvor talk" in the search box
- Find the plugin "Comments by Hyvor Talk"
- Click install now and activate the plugin
- Go to Hyvor Talk plugin and add your website ID and click Change. (Website ID can be copied from the Install section of the console.)
Page Identifiers (Important)
Page identifiers are how we identify unique pages of your website.
Up to version
1.2.5, the plugin used a combination of the post ID and guid as the identifier. However, in later versions, it uses post ID as the page identifier for post pages. If your website ID is less than 4500, legacy identifiers will be used and it cannot be changed.
For non-post pages, the canonical URL of the page is used.
Our WordPress plugin does these things
- Hyvor Talk plugin replaces the WordPress default commenting system.
- It will add the embed code to post pages of WordPress, if the comments are turned on.
- It can configure Single Sign-on (wordpress user login). See below of more details.
- It can set up loading mode for the comments section: on load (default), on scroll, and on button click.
- Replaces WordPress comment counts with Hyvor Talk comment counts
- [Coming soon] - Syncing Hyvor Talk comments with WordPress
WordPress User Login
By default, commenters need a Hyvor account to log in to the comments section. However, you can set up Single Sign-on (SSO) and connect WordPress login with Hyvor Talk.
- Go to Console -> Single Sign-on, and turn it on.
- Make sure the SSO Type is Stateless.
- Copy the private key and paste it in the plugin (in your WordPress dashboard)
Our plugin will configure SSO automatically when loading the comments section on your website. Website-specific accounts will be created for your users at Hyvor Talk.
See our Single Sign-on documentation for more information on how SSO works and what SSO users can do.
If you want to add Hyvor Talk to non-post pages or if the comments section is not loading because of any theme-related issues, you can use the
[hyvor-talk-comments] shortcode. The shortcode will be converted to the Hyvor Talk comments embed.
You can also set a custom identifier by setting the
If you add this code to multiple pages, the same comments thread will open (as the identifier is
If you want to render the comments count of a page, use the
[hyvor-talk-comments-count] shortcode. The
id attribute must be set to the identifier of the page you are fetching the comment counts of.
If you want to find the identifier of a page, visit the Pages section of the console.